Thursday, July 15, 2010

You say tomato, I say ...


As Seen On TV.

I desperately wanted the Topsy Turvey tomato planter. I'm a sucker for the ads on TV. It just looked so darn cute. Tim set up the plant in early April. Here is the planter on April 15th, right after we paid our income taxes. There's a tiny bit of growth.


Here she is on May
9th. Because of the heaviness, Tim had to relocate the Turvey. Coming along okay, but still seemed a little sluggish.



Finally on July 11th, we see the fruits of our labor. The key is to keep it watered everyday and fertilize with tomato plant food.

So far, the cost is about $3.25 per tomato. What a bargain.

2 comments:

Jane said...

Okay, I'll bring the mayo. I will catch you after your vacation... has been a bit busy around here to say the least.

jane

Chris said...

Well those tomatoes look beautiful. Anxious to hear how they taste-home grown are so delicious. Still no luck with my pepper plant-beautiful blossoms then they fall off. We did get one pepper so I'd say my cost is running just about like yours :-/