Thursday, November 10, 2011

On my mind


One of the best gifts my sister ever gave me was a wonderful brother-in-law. From the very beginning he fit so smoothly into the Barr family. He was a good natured guy and always seemed to have a positive attitude. I was always comfortable with him, whether we were having a conversation or just sitting quietly watching TV. Never pretentious, never putting on airs, not ever boastful or arrogant, he was a good man that I respected. And, oh, that sense of humor. I will miss him greatly. But I do have all the special memories of this man, memories that I will call up often in my mind. And I will smile.

Mel, back in 1971 you bravely agreed to join the Barr family. A risky decision! I'm so glad you did. You knew it would be fun. And it was. You're the best.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Thank you, Sister.
Mel was a wonderful man & a gift from God to me. I shall always treasure the memories of our years together & am comforted by the love we have for each other.