Friday, August 10, 2012

While I was sleeping

I woke up this morning in a bit of a fog.  I knew I had slept very hard.   There was a feeling of sadness in me.  I had dreamed about Mel - one of those vivid, real life, it's happening now dreams.

Chris, Mel, Tim and I were visiting New York City.  We were there to see the sights and just have a good time.  Mel had all the plans mapped out and he was telling us the itinerary for the day.  I was thinking how great Mel was at doing this type thing.  He was confident and we all knew he had everything in order for the day. We would go at a leisurely pace, yet we would make good use of our time.   The four of us were talking about our plans for the day and we were very excited.

When I woke up, I felt so sad.  I lay in bed a few moments to reflect on this dream. I wondered if this was a good dream or a bad one.  The more I thought about it, I knew it was good.  Even though I was sad, the fact that I remembered my sweet brother-in-law in this manner reminded me of how much he still means to me and how much I miss him.  I still find it hard to believe I will not see him again on this earth.  He was one of my brothers.

Mel, I miss you.  We all do.  I hope you know this.  I think you do.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I loved your post, Peggy, and you're right it was a good dream. I certainly was gifted with my own personal travel agent. On our many trips, everything was always planned to perfection (& way in advance) by Mel. Tom will testify to this regarding our Alaskan adventure. Mel does know you miss him & always thought of all of you as his sisters & brothers. I read this the other day & think it is so true..."He whom we love & lose is no longer where he was before. He is now wherever we are" John Chrysostom