Tuesday, October 2, 2007

A Rocky Mountain High

As Jerry had previously posted Mel and I went and visited beautiful Colorado. Jerry's house is a really neat tri-level (and basement) with a gorgeous view of the mountains as you sit in the kitchen. I love the front of his house with the rock, golfer, and golf balls--how appropriate. In the backyard, he has planted tomato bushes that continue to produce lots of wonderful tomatoes. I reaped the benefits of those by carrying away at least a dozen fresh ones. I think he should open a produce stand on I-25!


The Aspen trees were just gorgeous. Even though we experienced a bit of rain and sleet one day and night, this was the right time to go to the mtns. to see the fall colors.


Trail Ridge Road did close for a couple of days. However, when the sun came out Tuesday we headed up, up, up to the tip top.

Another wonderful view. Mel is enjoying this now looking at the pictures. He was driving with eyes on the road as I was hanging out the window singing the John Denver song and snapping pics.


On the way home, we stopped at the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo. Some rancher expressed his view of art by placing these 10 Cadillacs on his property. Interesting isn't it?

What a great vacation. I agree with Peggy--

Life is Good.

1 comment:

Will said...

Cool photo of you at the continental divide. I find stuff like that fascinating (nerdy, I know). I still want to go to the four corners out west and put my hands in feet in the four states. I've already been to the southern-most point in the US in Key West.